On 30.04.19 Primary wing began the day with great enthusiasm. Children came with lot of energy and were very excited. Teachers conducted assembly with the following content.
- To learn the value of nutritious food.
- To learn about crops and spices grown in India.
- How oil is extracted from various seeds.
- About good agricultural practices.
- Excessive use of pesticides.
- To learn about traditional foods of various states.
- To develop an interest in cooking.
- Promotion of organic farming.
Children showed interest and done Non- Fire Cooking Activity in their respective classes.
Non- Fire Cooking Activity
Learning is an art. When art is integrated with education, it helps child in critical thinking and creativity for a deeper understanding of the concepts. Thereby, CBSE seeks to promote Art Integrated Education. This promotes opportunities for students’ academic learning with fun filled activities.
With these objectives TIS organized a Non-Fire Cooking Activity for Primary Wing and Secondary Wing. The following events were held to ensure group work, fun-filled learning, games and amusement.
The entire Team of Science teachers enlightened the students on various topics as given below :
- Modern Technology in Agriculture and use of Mobile Apps for its access
- Effects of Pesticides
- Organic Farming and Advantages
- Oil Extraction Process
- Importance of Nutrition in our Daily life, Say no to Junk Food
- Types and Uses of Spices
- Advantages of Genetically Modified Crops
There were effective videos that caught students’ attention for their understanding of values of nutritious food, their sources, and agriculture practices.
Non-Fire Cooking Activity in Classroom